Online CourseThe package components are delivered online:
- The Walking Solution ebook
- Continuing education exam
In The Walking Solution, you will discover the four progressions of walking technique, how to increase intensity, and how to incorporate strength-building exercises to get the most out of every walk. Clear instructions and photos show the dynamic and static stretches that help to ensure safety and improve performance. Case studies describe unique and successful walking programs that you can customize for your own clients. You will learn the key business strategies that allow you to increase revenue and reach new audiences to expand your clientele. You will also get access to customizable business development resources such as waivers and marketing plans.
Upon completing the book, certified professionals can take the companion CE exam to earn continuing education credits.
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Describe an individual’s walking gait.
- Explain the biomechanical differences between walking and running.
- Demonstrate good walking posture and techniques.
- Identify factors that may interfere with proper gait.
- Demonstrate ways to increase walking intensity.
- Coach proper technique to increase speed while reducing risk of injury.
- Implement creativity through the use of interval training and unique programming.
- Apply proper warm-up and cool-down techniques to improve joint mobility and walking performance.
- Cue stretching and strength training exercises specific to walking.
- Identify ways to overcome barriers such as inclement weather and shoe discomfort.
- Design programs that will ensure walker success regardless of client health history or current medical conditions.
- Prepare promotional content to deliver via social media and traditional marketing methods.
- Establish and manage the growth of your business as a walking coach.
AudienceA continuing education course for personal trainers, group exercise instructors, and other certified fitness professionals.
Table of ContentsPart I. Why Walking?
Chapter 1. The Power of Walking
Chapter 2. Made for Walking
Part II. The New Way to Walk
Chapter 3. Intensify the Pace
Chapter 4. Coach Proper Technique
Part III. Walking Workouts
Chapter 5. Design Effective Workouts
Chapter 6. Stretch for Mobility and Performance
Chapter 7. Gain Strength for Power
Part IV. Enhance the Experience
Chapter 8. Ensure Comfort and Safety
Chapter 9. Include Everyone
Part V. The Business of Walking
Chapter 10. Manage Your Classes
Chapter 11. Promote Walking as a Workout
Chapter 12. Coach for Success
Appendix A. Recommended Reading
Appendix B. Health Questionnaires and Waiver Examples
Appendix C. Business Development Resources