Periodization of Strength Training for Sports 4th Edition Ebook With CE Exam
Online CourseThe package components are delivered online:
- Periodization of Strength Training for Sports, Fourth Edition, ebook
- Continuing education exam
Periodization of Strength Training for Sports demonstrates how to use periodized workouts to peak at optimal times by manipulating strength training variables through six training phases—anatomical adaptation, hypertrophy, maximum strength, conversion to specific strength, maintenance, and peaking. You’ll find proven programs for 30 sports that take into consideration the specific phases and unique demands of the sport, along with information about the dominant energy system, limiting factors for performance, and objectives for strength training. No more guessing about preseason conditioning, in-season workloads, or rest and recovery periods—now it’s simply a matter of implementing the strategies in this book.
Upon completing the book, certified professionals can take the companion CE exam to earn continuing education credits.
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Identify the different energy systems, biomotor abilities, and types of strength that are required in each sport or event.
- Explain the laws and principles of strength training for sports and the foundations of physiology from which they are derived.
- Describe the importance of specificity when developing a periodized strength training plan.
- Design annual plans for various sports and athletes at all levels.
- Select periodization schemes appropriate to a given sport, athlete, and desired performance outcome.
- Organize training sessions within the weekly training plan.
- Prescribe strength training methods and exercises most suited for each phase of the annual plan.
- Manipulate strength training variables to obtain the desired training effect for each phase and session.
- Apply the principles of periodization to the development of a long-term plan for young athletes.
- Integrate power, agility, speed, and endurance training with strength training for maximum sport performance.
- Convert strength training adaptations to the specific biomotor abilities required in each sport.
- Plan a sport-specific strength maintenance program to maintain strength training adaptations during the competitive season for maximum sport performance.
AudienceStrength and conditioning coaches, personal trainers, and certified athletic trainers who work with athletes of all levels.
Table of ContentsPart I. Foundations of Strength Training
Chapter 1. Strength, Power, and Muscular Endurance in Sports
Chapter 2. Neuromuscular Response to Strength Training
Chapter 3. Laws and Principles of Strength Training for Sports
Part II. Planning, Periodization, and Program Design
Chapter 4. Manipulation of Training Variables
Chapter 5. The Microcycle Short-Term Plan
Chapter 6. The Annual Plan
Chapter 7. Long-Term Planning for Team Sports
Part III. Periodization of Strength
Chapter 8. Anatomical Adaptation
Chapter 9. Hypertrophy Training
Chapter 10. Maximum Strength
Chapter 11. Conversion to Specific Strength
Chapter 12. Maintenance, Cessation, and Compensation
Chapter 13. Peaking for Maximum Performance