Jim Stoppani's Encyclopedia of Muscle & Strength 3rd Edition Online CE Course With Ebook
At this time, our website is unable to accommodate tax-exempt orders.
For credit card security, do not include credit card information in email.
First time orders from US Business/Institutional accounts with a tax-exempt certificate must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 217-351-1549. Include a copy of your sales tax-exempt certificate.
Repeat orders may be placed by phone at 1-800-747-5698 or 217-351-5076.
- Jim Stoppani’s Encyclopedia of Muscle & Strength, Third Edition, ebook
- Online study guide
- Online continuing education exam
Packed with an impressive 380+ exercises and nearly 140 programs, this comprehensive encyclopedia of training will guide you in helping your clients maximize muscle mass, strength, and fat loss. Breaking down the latest science and research, this reference defines more than 130 key terms and concepts; evaluates 95 types of strength training equipment, including suspension trainers, BOSU balance trainers, and kettlebells; and provides nutritional goals for specific training outcomes. You’ll be prepared to help your clients find success with
- 7 programs for maximizing fat loss,
- 41 programs for building muscle mass,
- 27 programs for maximizing strength, and
- handy Quick Tips featuring snippets of Stoppani’s expert advice on exercise technique.
Once you complete the course and pass the exam, you can print a certificate for continuing education credits.
- Understand and use the major forms of periodization to promote continued progress in a training program.
- Incorporate variety into any program by adjusting equipment choice, set-and-rep schemes, rest periods, training tempo, and other variables.
- Implement intensity-boosting techniques into any existing training program to elicit favorable results in size, strength, and fat burning.
- Reference and use established programs designed by Jim Stoppani to achieve desired results in size, strength, and fat loss.
- Design a long-term training program for your clients based on the principles covered in this book.
- Correctly perform the three primary resistance training exercises—squat, deadlift, and bench press—and instruct others on proper exercise technique.
- Implement steady-state cardio training and HIIT as a means of enhancing fat burning, conditioning, and overall health.
- Effectively perform various exercises for all major muscle groups as well as whole-body movements and explosive exercises.
- Understand nutrition-related concepts to discuss with your clients.
AudienceCertified personal trainers, fitness instructors, and strength and conditioning professionals.
Chapter 1. Core Concepts
Chapter 2. Training Variables
Chapter 3. Training Cycles
Chapter 4. Strength Training Equipment
Part II. Training for Muscle Mass
Chapter 5. Tactics for Building Muscle Mass
Chapter 6. Programs for Building Muscle Mass
Chapter 7. Training Cycles for Building Muscle Mass
Part III. Training for Maximal Strength
Chapter 8. Tactics for Maximizing Strength
Chapter 9. Programs for Maximizing Strength
Chapter 10. Training Cycles for Gaining Maximal Strength
Part IV. Training for Maximal Fat Loss
Chapter 11. Tactics for Maximizing Fat Loss
Chapter 12. Cardio Training for Maximizing Fat Loss
Chapter 13. Programs for Maximizing Fat Loss
Chapter 14. Training Cycles for Maximizing Fat Loss
Part V. Training Exercises
Chapter 15. Chest
Chapter 16. Shoulders
Chapter 17. Back
Chapter 18. Trapezius
Chapter 19. Triceps
Chapter 20. Biceps
Chapter 21. Forearms
Chapter 22. Quadriceps
Chapter 23. Hamstrings and Glutes
Chapter 24. Calves and Tibialis Anterior
Chapter 25. Abdominals and Core
Chapter 26. Whole Body
Chapter 27. Calisthenics
Part VI. Nutrition for Maximizing Muscle Mass, Strength, and Fat Loss
Chapter 28. Nutrition for Maximizing Muscle Mass and Strength
Chapter 29. Nutrition for Maximizing Fat Loss
Appendix A. Metric Equivalents for Dumbbells and Weight Plates
Appendix B. List of Alternative Foods