Elite Physique Ebook With CE Exam
Online CourseThe package components are delivered online:
- Elite Physique ebook
- Continuing education exam
Written by Dr. Chad Waterbury, a physical therapist who understands how bodies change with age, Elite Physique shows you how to help your clients make radical physical changes by manipulating sets, reps, and frequency and by deciding when and how to use advanced training methods. The course includes a physical assessment to establish a starting point and more accurately gauge progress. You'll find tips on altering exercises to alleviate stress on primary joints and learn the finer points of sculpting the midsection. Video clips offer demonstrations of many of the exercises, highlighting proper technique and common mistakes.
Waterbury also includes advice on how to make staple lifts such as squats, deadlifts, and presses more joint friendly for older, more physically battered lifters. He breaks down how training must change as you age—with a program for a 20-year-old looking different than one for a 50-year-old—to safely pursue the goal of a lean, muscular physique. Upon completing the book, certified professionals can take the companion CE exam to earn continuing education credits.
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- List the various self-assessments for posture, strength, and endurance.
- Apply realistic goal setting and motivational strategies with clients.
- Explain the importance of proper movement progressions.
- Identify the similarities and differences between muscle-building and fat-burning programs.
- Create a training program with the appropriate sets, reps, and exercise selection based on individual goals.
- Design a training program that applies principles of muscle and strength development.
- Discuss ways to increase the size and strength of the lower body muscles through exercise progressions.
- Explain how to increase the size and strength of the upper body muscles through exercise progressions.
- Identify exercises that strengthen the core muscles.
- Describe the principles for targeting underdeveloped muscle groups using high frequency training.
- Discuss the importance of proper nutrition as it pertains to recovery, muscle growth, and fat loss.
- Explain the aging process as it relates to recovery, joint problems, and muscle loss.
AudiencePersonal trainers, strength and conditioning professionals, and other certified fitness professionals working with men who want to build muscle and transform their physique.
Table of ContentsPart I. Plan for Muscle
Chapter 1. Assess to Impress
Chapter 2. Man With a Plan
Chapter 3. Muscle Rules
Part II. Muscle Methodology
Chapter 4. Building Muscle Versus Burning Fat
Chapter 5. Lower Body Training
Chapter 6. Core Training
Chapter 7. Upper Body Training
Part III. Muscle Programming
Chapter 8. Muscle-Building Programs
Chapter 9. Fat-Burning Programs
Chapter 10. Body Part–Specific Programs
Part IV. Muscle Maintenance
Chapter 11. Nutrition for Muscle Growth or Fat Loss
Chapter 12. Strong and Lean for Life