Online CourseThe package components are delivered online:
- Cycling Anatomy, Second Edition, ebook
- Continuing education exam
Utilizing the same methods that elite cyclists use, you can employ this well-rounded collection of 89 strength and conditioning exercises to maximize cycling power, speed, and endurance to improve your clients’ cycling performance. Each exercise includes clear step-by-step descriptions and full-color anatomical illustrations that highlight the primary muscle being used. You’ll find dozens of variations that use a wide range of training equipment so you can modify exercises to target specific areas and minimize common cycling injuries.
Upon completing the book, certified professionals can take the companion CE exam to earn continuing education credits.
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Identify the muscles involved in cycling both for propulsion and stabilization.
- Determine appropriate strength training exercises for each body part.
- Explain how to use proper form for all exercises.
- Describe the general adaptation syndrome for cardiovascular and muscle changes.
- Apply periodization to a training plan.
AudienceA continuing education course for personal trainers and other certified fitness professionals who train cyclists.
Table of ContentsChapter 1. The Cyclist in Motion
Chapter 2. Strength Training Principles
Chapter 3. Arms
Chapter 4. Shoulders and Neck
Chapter 5. Chest
Chapter 6. Back
Chapter 7. Core
Chapter 8. Leg Isolation
Chapter 9. Leg Complete Power
Chapter 10. Whole-Body Training for Cycling