Complete Conditioning for Soccer Ebook With CE Exam
Online CourseThe package components are as follows:
- Complete Conditioning for Soccer ebook
- Continuing education exam (accessed online)
Training protocols and progressions, complete with schematics of on-field conditioning drills, guide you in preparing conditioning plans for players from youth to professional levels. Field players of every position will increase strength to dribble through traffic. Forwards will pack more power into shots on goal. Central midfielders will improve quickness and agility to find open passing lanes and evade opponents. Goalkeepers will develop explosiveness to cover the width of the goal to make that save.
Emphasizing player movement and conditioning needs for the long term, you will learn the positional and seasonal demands that have a direct impact on player development and performance, and you will discover the significant differences between playing styles, positions, levels of play, and genders.
To keep players game-ready, you’ll find detailed information on avoiding some of the most common soccer injuries as well as step-by-step, position-specific training protocols for players returning from injury.
Upon completing the ebook, certified professionals can take the companion CE exam to earn continuing education credits.
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Describe the differences in physical demands for each of the positions in soccer and distinguish how those differences affect the physical preparation and recovery of players during different phases of the year.
- Use the concepts of programming to safely and efficiently guide a soccer player through reconditioning, the preseason, and the competitive season, including postinjury return to play.
- Prescribe strength, power, speed, agility, and conditioning exercises for players based on position and time of year relative to the next meaningful competition.
AudienceA continuing education course for personal trainers, strength and conditioning coaches, athletic trainers, soccer coaches, and other certified fitness professionals.
Table of ContentsChapter 1. Physical Demands of Soccer
Chapter 2. Fitness Assessment and Evaluation
Chapter 3. Conditioning for Soccer
Chapter 4. Strength Training
Chapter 5. Power Development
Chapter 6. Speed and Agility
Chapter 7. Match and Training Preparation
Chapter 8. Periodization and Programming
Chapter 9. Recovery
Chapter 10. Injury Prevention, Injury Management, and Return to Play