Assessments for Sport and Athletic Performance Ebook With CE Exam
Online CourseThe package components are delivered online:
- Assessments for Sport and Athletic Performance ebook
- Continuing education exam (accessed online)
For each assessment, this text walks you through a step-by-step process and includes a script of directions to give the athlete or client being tested to ensure the tests are performed correctly. You’ll find a variety of protocols that do not require complicated equipment and can be conveniently conducted in your normal training environment. You’ll be able to assess your athletes or clients in the following areas:
- Anthropometrics and body composition
- Flexibility and balance
- Agility and sprinting
- Muscular strength and endurance
- Cardiorespiratory fitness
- External and internal training load
- Perceptual well-being and physical readiness
Upon completing the book, certified professionals can take the companion CE exam to earn continuing education credits.
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Identify appropriate testing protocols for individuals or teams.
- Explain how often to administer tests.
- Describe how to select and use common low-cost equipment to administer tests.
- Interpret test data and associated normative data to evaluate test results.
- Explain how to adjust training programs based on test results.
- Describe how to monitor a client’s or athlete’s training program.
Table of ContentsPart I. Basics of Assessment
Chapter 1. Assessment 101: Who, Why, and How?
Chapter 2. Assessment 201: What Equipment?
Chapter 3. Assessment 301: Which Tests?
Part II. Assessment Protocols
Chapter 4. Anthropometrics and Body Composition
Chapter 5. Flexibility and Balance
Chapter 6. Agility and Sprinting
Chapter 7. Power
Chapter 8. Muscular Strength and EnduranceChapter 9. Cardiorespiratory Fitness
Chapter 10. Monitoring Training