Anatomy of Speed With CE Exam, The
Online CourseThe package components are as follows:
- The Anatomy of Speed text
- Continuing education exam (accessed online)
- Maximum velocity
- Change of direction
- Speed-specific strength
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Differentiate the various forms of athletic speed.
- Explain how the fascia system contributes to speed.
- Describe the role of small motor unit recruitment.
- Create a speed-specific active dynamic warm-up.
- Assess an athlete’s foundational strength.
- Recognize the different phases of linear sprinting.
- Identify the main causes of speed-related injuries.
- Apply strength training to enhance the ability to decelerate.
- Increase an athlete’s movement vocabulary.
- Summarize the functional drivers of human movement.
- Optimize metabolic recovery during training and competition.
AudienceStrength and conditioning coaches, personal trainers, and athletic trainers.
Table of ContentsChapter 1. The Many Forms of Speed
Chapter 2. Systems of Speed
Chapter 3. Pre–Warm-Up for Injury Prevention
Chapter 4. Session-Based Active Dynamic Warm-Up
Chapter 5. Speed-Specific Strength
Chapter 6. Acceleration
Chapter 7. Maximum Velocity
Chapter 8. Deceleration
Chapter 9. Multidirectional Speed
Chapter 10. Agility
Chapter 11. System-Specific Recovery
Chapter 12. Programming Menus