Ageless Intensity With CE Exam
Online CourseThe package components are as follows:
- Ageless Intensity text
- Continuing education exam (accessed online)
You'll gain practical knowledge on the importance of strength and power, mobility work, and recovery as the keys to boosting efforts to build and maintain muscle, burn calories, and help joints stay mobile as the body ages. The exercises included are designed to be challenging and deliver tangible benefits to middle-aged and older adults. Save time with the predesigned workouts or customize a complete workout plan to maximize results and combat the effects of aging.
Reaching the “over-the-hill” milestone doesn’t mean your clients need to slow down. Ageless Intensity is your guide to maintaining fitness with high-intensity exercise and workouts to help your clients remain active and stay in shape.
Upon completing the book, certified professionals can take the companion CE exam to earn continuing education credits.
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Explain the health benefits of high-intensity exercise for older adults.
- Define the term successful aging.
- Describe how the benefits of strength training can help mitigate the effects of the aging process.
- Discuss how exercise programs can help individuals to achieve successful aging.
- Understand the importance of mobility training in improving stability and strengthening muscle tissue.
- Identify the hormones responsible for promoting muscle growth.
- Explain how strength and power exercises can enhance resiliency of the myofascial system.
- Design an exercise program to help clients maintain activity and energy levels.
- Describe how the benefits of high-intensity interval training can help support successful aging.
- Identify the recovery strategies that can support optimal fitness.
AudiencePersonal trainers, strength and conditioning coaches, and other certified fitness professionals who work with clients over 40.
Table of ContentsPart I. Slow the Aging Process
Chapter 1. Functional Training Redefined
Chapter 2. Change How You Age
Part II. Improve How You Move
Chapter 3. Mobility and Foundational Movement Patterns
Chapter 4. Mobility Exercises and Workouts
Chapter 5. Strength and Power Training Methods
Chapter 6. Strength and Power Exercises and Workouts
Chapter 7. Metabolic Conditioning and Workouts
Part III. Plan for Longevity
Chapter 8. Design Your Workout Plan
Chapter 9. Extend Your Life Span