Myofascial Release 2nd Edition Ebook With CE Exam
- Myofascial Release, Second Edition, ebook
- Continuing education exam
Descriptions of over 60 myofascial techniques contain details on the timing, direction and hold of each stretch as well as numerous photographs that illustrate the body and hand positions of each technique. Nuanced explanations of the unique feel of soft tissue help you enhance your palpation skills and learn how to apply the best approach (cross-hand releases, longitudinal plane releases, compression releases and transverse plane releases) on specific injuries or issues. A chapter on scar tissue details how to relieve the pain and tension common in surgical and other types of scars. The text also contains home programs that clients can use themselves between treatment sessions.
Upon completing the book, certified professionals can take the companion CE exam to earn continuing education credits.
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Describe the anatomy and the physiology of the fascial system.
- Describe the principles and methodology of myofascial release.
- Demonstrate essential palpation and assessment skills.
- Demonstrate and apply the fundamental myofascial release applications, including cross-hand releases, longitudinal pulls, transverse plane releases and compression techniques.
- Demonstrate and apply the practical applications of scar tissue techniques and myofascial mobilization.
- Differentiate the various myofascial release approaches and apply them in different treatment settings.
- Develop and apply a treatment strategy using myofascial release and self-myofascial release.
AudienceMassage therapists, physical therapists, physiotherapists, osteopaths, athletic trainers, chiropractors and practitioners of complementary therapies.
Chapter 1. Introduction to Myofascial Release
Elements of Fascia
Conditions That Affect Fascia
Myofascial Release Concepts
MFR Versus Other Massage Modalities
Benefits of MFR
MFR Treatment Sessions
Chapter 2. Initial Assessment
Chapter 3. Preparation and Communication
Equipment and Room Preparation
Correct Body Mechanics
Therapist and Client Communication
Effects of and Responses to MFR
Part II. MFR Applications
Chapter 4. Palpatory and Physical Assessments
Tissue Mobility and Glide
Traction and Compression
Chapter 5. MFR Technique Approaches
How to Apply Every MFR Technique
Longitudinal Plane Releases
Transverse Plane Releases
Scar Tissue and Adhesion Management
Part III. Applying MFR Techniques
Chapter 6. Cross-Hand Release Approaches
Head and Neck Techniques
Chapter 7. Longitudinal Plane Releases
Oppositional and Side-Lying Pulls
Chapter 8. Compression Releases
Soft Tissue Compression Techniques
Joint Compression Techniques
Chapter 9. Transverse Plane Releases
Pelvic Floor Techniques
Respiratory Diaphragm Techniques
Thoracic Inlet Techniques
Transverse Plane Techniques at Joints
Chapter 10. Scar Tissue and Adhesion Management
Scar Tissue Techniques
Stacking the Position of Ease Techniques
Direct Scar Tissue Release Techniques
Chapter 11. Myofascial Mobilisations
Applying Myofascial Mobilisation
Myofascial Mobilisation Techniques
Part IV. MFR Programmes and Management
Chapter 12. Combined Techniques and Taking MFR Further
Myofascial Position of Ease Techniques
Chapter 13. MFR Treatment Approaches
Individual Treatment Approaches
Intensive Treatment Approaches
Multi-Therapist Treatment Approaches