Adaptive Yoga With CE Exam
Online CourseThe package components are as follows:
- Adaptive Yoga text
- Continuing education exam (accessed online)
Adaptive Yoga With CE Exam takes these studies out of the research labs and onto the yoga mat to empower individuals with disabilities or chronic health conditions to practice yoga effectively and safely. If you work with these special populations as a yoga teacher or rehabilitative therapist, you will find guidance and recommended poses for some of the most common conditions and disabilities, including these:
- Low back pain
- Hip, knee, and rheumatoid arthritis
- Spinal cord injury
- Cerebral palsy
- Lower limb amputation
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Explain the benefits of yoga for people with disabilities and chronic conditions.
- Describe the power of using breathing and mindfulness techniques within an adaptive yoga practice.
- Select poses to perform targeted muscle strengthening or stretching for various disabilities and chronic conditions.
- Choose appropriate poses for individuals based on their disabilities or chronic conditions.
- Explain how to effectively use props with adaptive yoga poses.
AudienceA continuing education course for yoga therapists and instructors, physical therapists, personal trainers, group exercise instructors, and other certified fitness professionals.
Table of ContentsPart I. Principles of Adapting Yoga
Chapter 1. Yoga as Rehabilitation
Chapter 2. How the Body Moves
Part II. Adapting Yoga for Specific Disabilities
Chapter 3. Low Back Pain
Chapter 4. Osteoarthritis of the Hip and Knee
Chapter 5. Rheumatoid Arthritis
Chapter 6. Lower Limb Amputation
Chapter 7. Spinal Cord Injury
Chapter 8. Parkinson’s Disease
Chapter 9. Stroke
Chapter 10. Multiple Sclerosis
Chapter 11. Cerebral Palsy