Teaching Power Yoga for Sports Ebook With CE Exam
At this time, our website is unable to accommodate tax-exempt orders.
For credit card security, do not include credit card information in email.
First time orders from US Business/Institutional accounts with a tax-exempt certificate must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 217-351-1549. Include a copy of your sales tax-exempt certificate.
Repeat orders may be placed by phone at 1-800-747-5698 or 217-351-5076.
- Teaching Power Yoga for Sports ebook
- Continuing education exam
Author Gwen Lawrence shares her approach, developed through years of work with sports’ top professional teams; NBA, NFL, NHL, MLS, and MLB coaches; and elite athletes. She takes into account the athlete’s training cycle, the position they play, and common movements and injuries in the sport. In the book, she offers detailed, easy-to-implement instruction on the following:
- Safe and effective poses that complement common movements in sport
- Numerous yoga routines, organized by sport and season
- Ways to spot and fix posture and alignment imbalances before injury occurs
- Nine restorative sequences to facilitate recovery and long-term stability
- Six facets of Power Yoga for Sports: balance, strength, flexibility, focus, breathing, and mental toughness
- Mindfulness tools for developing focus, clarity, and determination
After reading the book and successfully completing the 50-question multiple-choice exam, you will be able to do the following:
- Recognize the Yoga for Power Sports Code of Ethics
- Identify the benefits of a regular power yoga practice
- Understand the rationale behind the use of yoga for enhanced physical performance
- Identify the poses of Power Yoga for Sports
- Describe the effects of mindfulness and its relevance to Power Yoga for Sports
- For each of the Power Yoga for Sports poses, explain its benefits and the movements in its execution
- Create a transformative practice for a variety of athletic skills and athlete abilities
- Analyze best practices for Power Yoga for Sports instructors
- Differentiate between standing, seated, and floor-based poses
- Identify the English and the Sanskrit names of the Power Yoga for Sports poses
AudienceA continuing education course for fitness and yoga instructors, personal trainers, athletic trainers, and strength and conditioning coaches.
Chapter 2. Anatomy, Alignment, and Assessment
Chapter 3. Mindfulness Tools
Chapter 4. Maximize Your Yoga Practice
Chapter 5. Standing Poses
Chapter 6. Seated Poses
Chapter 7. Floor Poses and Inversions
Chapter 8. Sport-Specific Sequences
Chapter 9. Ready-to-Use Yoga Sequences
Chapter 10. Restorative Sequences