Dumbbell Training Online CE Course-2nd Edition
At this time, our website is unable to accommodate tax-exempt orders.
For credit card security, do not include credit card information in email.
First time orders from US Business/Institutional accounts with a tax-exempt certificate must be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 217-351-1549. Include a copy of your sales tax-exempt certificate.
Repeat orders may be placed by phone at 1-800-747-5698 or 217-351-5076.
- Dumbbell Training, Second Edition, ebook
- Study guide
- Continuing education exam
The book is loaded with more than 110 exercises targeting the core, upper body, lower body, and total body. Exercises feature photos and concisely written exercise descriptions, making it easy to understand each exercise and implement it on your own. Did You Know? sidebars offer interesting details and tips about the use of dumbbell exercises.
You’ll also find 66 ready-to-use programs that target specific goals. Fitness-oriented plans will help with fat loss, general fitness, hypertrophy, and strength, while athletes will find plans for increasing power, speed, agility, and balance in eight popular sports: cycling, ice hockey, skiing, soccer, speed skating, swimming, track and field, and wrestling. The study guide contains a course syllabus, chapter objectives, and learning activities to prepare students for the continuing education exam at the conclusion of the course.
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Explain the advantages of dumbbell training over other forms of resistance training.
- Identify a variety of dumbbell exercises and their use for specific body segments.
- Design a dumbbell training program that meets specific training and athletic goals.
- Identify the key variables in developing dumbbell training programs.
- Describe the concept of periodization and its use in designing dumbbell training programs.
- Incorporate dumbbell training exercises into existing training programs.
- Outline dumbbell training recommendations for specific sports and activities.
AudienceA continuing education course for personal trainers, strength and conditioning professionals, and other certified fitness professionals.
Chapter 1. Benefits of Training With Dumbbells
Chapter 2. Designing a Program
Chapter 3. Incorporating Dumbbells Into an Existing Program
Part II. Exercises
Chapter 4. Upper Body
Chapter 5. Lower Body
Chapter 6. Core
Chapter 7. Total Body
Part III. Programming
Chapter 8. Training for Fitness
Chapter 9. Training for Weight Loss
Chapter 10. Training for Increased Muscle Size
Chapter 11. Training for Increased Power
Chapter 12. Training for Speed Sports
Chapter 13. Training for Agility and Balance Sports
The course was informative and presented a lot of different aspects of using dumbbells. The book was very repetitive is some respects.