Developing Speed Online CE Course With Print Book
At this time, our website is unable to accommodate tax-exempt orders.
For credit card security, do not include credit card information in email.
First time orders from US Business/Institutional accounts with a tax-exempt certificate must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 217-351-1549. Include a copy of your sales tax-exempt certificate.
Repeat orders may be placed by phone at 1-800-747-5698 or 217-351-5076.
- Developing Speed book
- Online study guide
- Online continuing education exam
Based on the Developing Speed book by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)—a book in which eight top experts provide a science-backed approach to increasing speed, regardless of sport—the course will give you an introduction to the research behind speed performance and help you use assessments to identify current abilities and pinpoint areas of greatest need. You’ll then be able to design a training program customized to each athlete to take their speed to the elite level using proven drills and exercises. Additionally, you’ll find eight sport-specific regimens for baseball, basketball, football, ice hockey, rugby, soccer, tennis, and track.
The study guide includes learning activities, along with an answer key, to prepare you for the course exam.
Once you complete the course and pass the exam, you can print a certificate for continuing education credits.
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Identify the factors that contribute to speed and the science behind effective speed performance.
- Explain the technical differences between maximum speed and speed as it relates to an athlete’s ability to improve performance in a variety of sports.
- Identify the technical requirements for developing high-level running speed.
- Evaluate speed in athletes using a variety of assessment tools.
- Design safe and effective training programs for speed to meet specific goals for a variety of sports and activities.
- Implement a variety of drills and exercises to develop speed to maximize athletic performance.
AudienceA course for strength and conditioning professionals, personal trainers, athletic trainers, fitness instructors, and other certified professionals.
Chapter 2. Technical Models of Speed
Chapter 3. Technical Development of Linear Speed
Chapter 4. Assessment of Speed
Chapter 5. Developing Sport-Specific Speed
Chapter 6. Sport-Specific Speed Training