Athletic Movement Skills Print CE Course
At this time, our website is unable to accommodate tax-exempt orders.
For credit card security, do not include credit card information in email.
First time orders from US Business/Institutional accounts with a tax-exempt certificate must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 217-351-1549. Include a copy of your sales tax-exempt certificate.
Repeat orders may be placed by phone at 1-800-747-5698 or 217-351-5076.
Course components are delivered as printed products:
• Athletic Movement Skills text
• Study guide
• Continuing education exam
Before athletes can become strong and powerful, they need to master the movement skills required in sport. Athletic Movement Skills CE Course covers the underlying science and offers prescriptive advice on bridging the gap between scientist and practitioner so coaches and athletes can work together to achieve dominance.
In Athletic Movement Skills, Clive Brewer shares his high level of expertise—drawn from the most current sport science research and champion-producing applications—to explain body mechanics, performance development, and effective training, regardless of the age and stage of the athlete. Beginning with foundational elements such as observing, analyzing, and improving postural control to develop more resilient athletes, this course presents a progressive structure for creating a movement program to accelerate the development of speed, power, and strength.
To encourage good technique in skills such as jumping, landing, accelerating, decelerating, and changing direction, the text includes hundreds of photos and illustrations to provide strong visual presentation of exercise progressions for developing jumping and plyometric skills, running speed, agility skills, and functional strength. Real-life examples and case studies from a variety of sports will help certified professionals understand and apply information to develop their athletes while earning credits toward continuing education.
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
• Describe the basic concepts of movement skills.
• Explain the roles of the musculoskeletal system, neuromuscular system, and bioenergetics system in athletic development.
• Distinguish motor development patterns from childhood through late adolescence.
• Apply basic biomechanical principles to athletic movement skills.
• Explain the importance of posture in athletic movement and the role it plays in performance and injury prevention.
• Conduct basic testing protocols that will allow you to measure the athlete’s ability to control posture while stationary and during movement.
• Structure and sequence a training programme based on the principles in this course.
• Optimize running and agility drills for athletes.
• Explain and evaluate jumping and plyometric skills commonly used in athletic development.
• Recognize the importance of developing strength for the execution of athletic movements.
• Describe the fundamental principles of coaching movement skills in an athletic programme.
A continuing education course for athletic trainers, strength and conditioning coaches, and other certified professionals working with athletes to master the movement skills required in sport.
Chapter 1. Movement Skill Development
Chapter 2. Understanding Biomotor Abilities
Chapter 3. Patterns of Motor System Development
Chapter 4. Efficiently Controlling Forces: Mechanical Functions of Movement
Chapter 5. Importance of Posture in Athletic Movement
Chapter 6. Evaluating Posture
Chapter 7. Designing a Progressive Curriculum: Considerations for Movement Skill Learning and Physio-Mechanical Training
Chapter 8. Developing Running Speed and Agility Skills
Chapter 9. Developing Jumping and Plyometric Skills
Chapter 10. Developing Functional Strength Progressions
Chapter 11. Applying Principles in Practice