Prescriptive Stretching With CE Exam-2nd Edition
- Prescriptive Stretching, Second Edition, text
- Continuing education exam (accessed online)
Most importantly, Prescriptive Stretching offers ready-to-use stretching sequences to target specific problem areas. These pain release programs will help address many common ailments:
- Back pain
- Neck stiffness
- Shoulder soreness
- Tennis or golfer’s elbow
- Runner’s knee
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Explain the basic structure of muscle and identify the role of each component in relation to stretch and tension.
- Recognize the causes of shortened muscles and trigger points, and explain why they are associated with pain and dysfunction of movement.
- Identify the purpose and benefits of stretching in relation to pain relief and improved functioning.
- Explain the four main principles of stretching.
- Differentiate between the methods of active and passive PNF stretching techniques.
- Illustrate the components of good posture in sitting and standing, and explain how stretching can be beneficial for muscles active in posture.
- Interpret the symptoms of tightness within key targeted muscles.
- Demonstrate flexibility tests for specific targeted muscles.
- Demonstrate specific stretching techniques for major targeted muscles for optimal health.
AudienceA continuing education course for personal trainers, strength and conditioning coaches, athletic trainers, and other certified fitness professionals.
Muscles and Bones of the Human Body
Programs for Pain Relief
Assessing Flexibility and Muscle Balance