This product is delivered online:
- Continuing education exam
- NOTE: The text All-Pro Performance Training is required for successful completion of this exam but is not included in this version. Purchase this version only if you already own the text or ebook.
Consisting of 75 multiple-choice and true-false questions, this continuing education exam is designed to be taken after reading All-Pro Performance Training
. The exam will test your knowledge of the information presented in the book, so you can better understand nutrition principles that affect your athletes and pursue continuing education in the process.Learning Objectives
After reading the book and successfully completing the 75-question multiple-choice and true-false exam, you will be able to do the following:
- Implement an active dynamic warm-up and use the warm-up as an athlete movement screening tool.
- Assess athletes with general athleticism tests commonly used at football combines and then analyze the results to customize athlete training plans.
- Describe the fundamental locomotion skills used in sport (sprinting acceleration, top-end speed, agility, and deceleration) and employ effective drills for training these skills.
- Select and apply optimal strength and power exercises for football combine preparation.
- Design athlete training cycles to optimize performance gains within the short time window typically allotted for football combine training.
- Maximize athlete nutrition, recovery, and psychological preparation prior to a football combine.
A continuing education course for strength and conditioning coaches, personal trainers, and other certified fitness professionals who work with football players.
Loren Landow, CSCS *D, has been a sport performance coach for over two decades. He joined the Denver Broncos staff as head strength and conditioning coach in 2018 after spending 10 years as the owner and director of Landow Performance, a training facility in Centennial, Colorado. During his 20 years coaching in the private sector, he designed and led a training program to prepare prospective pro football players for their combines and pro days, including more than 20 NFL Draft first-round picks.
Landow has coached thousands of athletes over the course of his career, including more than 700 professional athletes associated with the NFL, NHL, MLB, UFC, WNBA, and Olympics. In addition to his expertise on biomechanics and maximizing athletic performance, he is renowned for his emphasis on injury prevention and rehabilitation. He developed the ACL prevention program and the ACL return-to-sport protocols for the world-renowned Steadman Hawkins Clinic.
Landow has been a keynote speaker at the conferences of NSCA in the United States, ASCA in Australia, SPRINZ in New Zealand, and UKSCA in the United Kingdom. He is the author of two other books, My Off-Season With the Denver Broncos: Building a Championship Team (While Nobody’s Watching) and Ultimate Conditioning for Martial Arts.
Chris Jarmon, CSCS, is a sport performance coach at Landow Performance in Centennial, Colorado. He previously worked as an intern and volunteer assistant coach for the University of Denver sport performance staff.
Prior to his career in the sport performance field, Jarmon worked at ESPN for four years as a content associate, traveling with ESPN production crews to work behind the scenes on live sporting event TV broadcasts, including Monday Night Football, the NFL Draft, the X Games, MLS matches, and the FIFA World Cup.