This product is delivered online:
- Video (approximately 50 minutes)
- Continuing education exam
With both active and passive stretches outlined for a range of musculoskeletal conditions and injuries, Therapeutic Stretching Video With CE Exam
offers a range of rehabilitative stretches for the entire body. Jane Johnson, a practicing physiotherapist, sport massage therapist, and body work instructor, demonstrates active and passive stretching as a treatment option for your clients.
The video (approximately 50 minutes) is followed by an exam that contains 75 questions. Upon passing the exam, you may print out and submit a certificate for continuing education credits.Learning Objectives
After viewing this online video and successfully completing the 75-question multiple-choice exam, you will be able to do the following:
- Describe how therapeutic stretching could be applied to muscles of the lower limbs: ankle invertors, quadriceps, calf, hip adductors, gluteals, and hip flexors.
- Describe how therapeutic stretching could be applied to muscles of the upper limbs: shoulder joint, internal rotators of the shoulder, shoulder adductor muscles, wrist, and fingers.
- Describe how therapeutic stretching could be applied to muscles of the trunk and spine: neck extensors and low back muscles.
- Give examples of muscles to which therapeutic stretching could be applied in the prone, supine, side-lying, and seated positions.
- Provide examples of contraindications to therapeutic stretching.
A continuing education course for massage therapists, physical therapists, physiotherapists, and athletic trainers.
Exam and Evaluation
Exam Answer Sheet
Jane Johnson, MSc, PhD, is a chartered physiotherapist and sport massage therapist specializing in occupational health and massage. In this role she spends much time assessing the posture of clients and examining whether work, sport, or recreational postures may be contributing to their symptoms. She devises postural correction plans that include both hands-on and hands-off techniques.
Johnson has taught continuing professional development (CPD) workshops for many organizations both in the UK and abroad. This experience has brought her into contact with thousands of therapists of all disciplines and informed her own practice. Johnson has a passion for inspiring and supporting students and newly qualified therapists to gain confidence in the use of assessment and treatment techniques.
Johnson is a member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy and is registered with the Health Professions Council. A member of the Medico Legal Association of Chartered Physiotherapists, she provides expert witness reports on cases involving soft tissue therapies. Johnson is the author of six titles in the Hands-On Guides for Therapists series. These are, Postural Assessment, Postural Correction, Therapeutic Stretching, Soft Tissue Release, Deep Tissue Massage and Soft Tissue and Trigger Point Release. Postural Assessment has sold over 10,000 copies. She is also the author of The Big Back Book: Tips & Tricks for Therapists.
Jane regularly delivers webinars on popular musculoskeletal topics, as well as on life working as a therapist. In her Facebook group (Jane Johnson The Friendly Physio), she shares tips and tricks in her usual, friendly manner.
Johnson lives in the north of England in an unmodernized house where she creates books and webinars, makes art and rehomes big rescue dogs.