Pilates for Rehabilitation Print CE Course
Course components are delivered as printed products:
• Pilates for Rehabilitation text
• Study guide
• Continuing education exam
Your clients and athletes demand and deserve customized, adaptable solutions when injury or chronic pain impairs movement and performance. Known for its whole-body approach to fitness, Pilates is the perfect way to help your patients recover, rehabilitate, and reach their goals.
The Pilates for Rehabilitation CE Course will teach you how to apply proven Pilates methods to address dysfunction and help your patients achieve optimal performance. Renowned instructor and physical therapist Samantha Wood provides detailed descriptions of the most effective exercises for rehabilitating and healing injuries, improving functional strength, promoting efficient movement, and managing pain.
In addition to step-by-step instructions for Pilates apparatus and mat work, you will learn the indications and contraindications of each exercise and the primary muscles involved so you can determine when the exercise is appropriate for each client. Modifications and progressions allow for adaptation of exercises based on the stage of rehabilitation or the severity of the injury or condition being treated. Suggested exercise protocols, organized by common orthopedic injuries in anatomical regions, offer the flexibility to tailor a program to the specific needs of each client.
The companion study guide includes a course syllabus, course instructions, learning objectives, learning activities, and a referenced answer key to help individuals learn and better retain the course content. It emphasizes key concepts from the corresponding text to prepare individuals for the exam (composed of 50 multiple-choice questions) at the completion of the course. Upon passing the exam, individuals may print out and submit a certificate for continuing education credit.
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
• Describe how Pilates can be used to rehabilitate and heal injuries as well as to increase a client’s overall fitness level.
• Explain the 10 guiding principles that make the Pilates method unique and differentiate it from other forms of conditioning.
• Compare the benefits of each piece of Pilates equipment and explain the differences in these types of equipment.
• For each Pilates exercise, know the primary muscles involved, the objectives, indications, precautions, progressions, and technique for proper execution.
• Select appropriate Pilates exercises for specific orthopedic conditions and pathologies.
A continuing education course for athletic trainers, personal trainers, and strength and conditioning coaches.
I am extremely excited about learning from this course. I am learning new ideas on 'core training' and how important it is to a humans health. I teach karate to people with a disability, so I can used this knowledge to help my students fitness and development. I am also pleased to see a great similarity between martial arts training and pilates training. In that they both emphasize breathing, fitness and concentration to perform the exercise.
Pilates for Rehabilitation Online CE Course