Dance Anatomy 3rd Edition epub
At this time, our website is unable to accommodate tax-exempt orders.
For credit card security, do not include credit card information in email.
First time orders from US Business/Institutional accounts with a tax-exempt certificate must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 217-351-1549. Include a copy of your sales tax-exempt certificate.
Repeat orders may be placed by phone at 1-800-747-5698 or 217-351-5076.
Dance Anatomy is a must-have for every dancer. Exercises and movements are depicted in stunning detail, highlighting the engaged muscles, joints, and tendons so you can clearly see the connection between training and performance.
Thoroughly updated, this third edition features the following:
- 21 new exercises to improve strength, mobility, and flexibility
- 42 new illustrations, including new Dance Focus images that explain how the exercises benefit the dancer in different positions and highlight modern expressions in dance
- New tables in each exercise chapter that describe the location and action of the muscles highlighted so you can see how the muscles contribute to each movement
- A more robust chapter on brain health that addresses chronic stress and anxiety to provide you with tools for overcoming stage fright or performance anxiety
- Eight popular dance movements featured in large format, with explanations of how the anatomy works through the movement
Dance Anatomy will help you master the impeccable balance, intense muscular control, and grace to prepare you for your next leading role!
AudienceDancers and dance instructors in studio, university, and recreational settings, as well as individuals interested in the art and performance of dance; personal trainers, dance-conditioning trainers, and dance medicine professionals.
Chapter 2. Brain Health
Chapter 3. Injury Awareness
Chapter 4. Spine
Chapter 5. Ribs and Breath
Chapter 6. Core
Chapter 7. Shoulders and Arms
Chapter 8. Pelvis and Hips
Chapter 9. Legs
Chapter 10. Ankles and Feet
Chapter 11. Whole-Body Training for Dancers