Stretching Anatomy 3rd Edition With CE Exam
At this time, our website is unable to accommodate tax-exempt orders.
For credit card security, do not include credit card information in email.
First time orders from US Business/Institutional accounts with a tax-exempt certificate must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 217-351-1549. Include a copy of your sales tax-exempt certificate.
Repeat orders may be placed by phone at 1-800-747-5698 or 217-351-5076.
- Stretching Anatomy, Third Edition, text
- Continuing education exam (accessed online)
The visually stunning illustrations of 79 stretches cover all major joint areas of the body, from the feet to the neck. Each stretch includes step-by-step instructions on how to perform the stretch, the names of the muscles stretched, and a Stretch Notes section detailing the instructions and benefits of every exercise as well as safety considerations and variations for increasing or decreasing difficulty.
You’ll find suggested stretching programs for daily mobility and flexibility, including stretches for people who sit or stand for extended periods, as well as a program to help lower blood glucose. Sport-specific stretching routines for 23 different sports are included for use with athletes who want to improve flexibility, maximize efficiency of movement, and enhance recovery from training and competing in their chosen sport.
Upon completing the book, certified professionals can take the companion CE exam to earn continuing education credits.
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Differentiate the types of stretches and list the benefits of each.
- Explain techniques for avoiding and treating muscle imbalances.
- Describe range of motion and its effect on flexibility.
- Discuss the movements of the trunk and how they relate to flexibility.
- Describe the movement range of the wrist.
- Explain the five major pairs of movements at the shoulder.
- Understand the importance of balancing strength and flexibility in the muscles.
- Explain the ideal timing for when to perform different types of stretches.
- Understand how to customize sport-specific stretch programs for all fitness levels.
AudienceA continuing education course for personal trainers, strength and conditioning coaches, athletic trainers, and other certified fitness professionals.
Chapter 2. Feet and Calves
Chapter 3. Knees and Thighs
Chapter 4. Hips
Chapter 5. Lower Trunk
Chapter 6. Arms, Wrists, and Hands
Chapter 7. Shoulders, Back, and Chest
Chapter 8. Neck
Chapter 9. Dynamic Stretches
Chapter 10. Programs for Daily Mobility and Flexibility
Chapter 11. Sport-Specific Stretching Programs
Great illustrations the content was easy to understand.