Physical Activity Instruction of Older Adults Online CE Exam-2nd Edition
Online CourseThis product is delivered online:
- Continuing education exam
- NOTE: The text Physical Activity Instruction of Older Adults, Second Edition, is required for successful completion of this exam but is not included in this version. Purchase this version only if you already own the text or ebook.
After reading this book and successfully completing the 100-question multiple-choice exam, you will be able to do the following:
- Describe the different components of aging and the impact of physical activity.
- Define successful aging and how the concept relates to the development of training programs.
- Explain the role of physical activity in the lives of older adults in general and with respect to chronic illnesses (e.g. physiological aspects related to aging).
- Design key aspects of a physical activity program for older adults with or without various common diseases.
- Describe the key aspects associated with screening, selecting, and evaluating assessment tools related to physical performance among older adults.
- Describe, develop, and implement individualized and group age-appropriate behavior change interventions and physical activity programs that affect older adults’ exercise participation.
- Explain the importance of critical aspects of physical activity programs, such as warm-up and cool-down exercises.
- Design, manipulate, apply, and evaluate program designs to accommodate the needs and training goals of older adults (e.g., resistance training, aerobic training, balance).
- Develop and apply teaching and leadership styles to facilitate evidence-based approaches and recommend physical activity techniques for older adults.
- Discuss and comply with ethical guidelines for personal trainers and group instructors.
AudienceA continuing education course for personal trainers, strength and conditioning coaches, athletic trainers, and other certified fitness professionals.
This course did a great job at explaining the changes that we go through as we age; considerations for working with the older population; & offers some exercise suggestions with clear pictures. Would definitely recommend this course.
I thought the book was excellent. As someone who has worked with the older population for many years, I found that it reinforced what I have been doing and gave me ideas to enhance my future programs.