Physical Activity Instruction of Older Adults 2nd Edition Online CE Exam Without Book
At this time, our website is unable to accommodate tax-exempt orders.
For credit card security, do not include credit card information in email.
First time orders from US Business/Institutional accounts with a tax-exempt certificate must be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 217-351-1549. Include a copy of your sales tax-exempt certificate.
Repeat orders may be placed by phone at 1-800-747-5698 or 217-351-5076.
Consisting of 100 multiple-choice and true-false questions, this continuing education exam is designed to be taken after reading Physical Activity Instruction of Older Adults, Second Edition. The exam will test your knowledge of the information presented in the book so you can design and implement effective, safe, and fun health promotion and physical activity programs for older adults with diverse functional capabilities.
Once you pass the exam, you can print a certificate for continuing education credits.
- Describe the different components of aging and the impact of physical activity.
- Define successful aging and how the concept relates to the development of training programs.
- Explain the role of physical activity in the lives of older adults in general and with respect to chronic illnesses (e.g., physiological aspects related to aging).
- Design key aspects of a physical activity program for older adults with or without various common diseases.
- Describe the key aspects associated with screening, selecting, and evaluating assessment tools related to physical performance among older adults.
- Describe, develop, and implement individualized and group age-appropriate behavior change interventions and physical activity programs that affect older adults’ exercise participation.
- Explain the importance of critical aspects of physical activity programs, such as warm-up and cool-down exercises.
- Design, manipulate, apply, and evaluate program designs to accommodate the needs and training goals of older adults (e.g., resistance training, aerobic training, balance).
- Develop and apply teaching and leadership styles to facilitate evidence-based approaches and recommend physical activity techniques for older adults.
- Discuss and comply with ethical guidelines for personal trainers and group instructors.
AudiencePersonal trainers, strength and conditioning coaches, and other certified fitness professionals.
Have not had much chance to review but was a little disappointed in the content just overlooking . That may change as I get more into it. 🤷🏼♀️
This course did a great job at explaining the changes that we go through as we age; considerations for working with the older population; & offers some exercise suggestions with clear pictures. Would definitely recommend this course.
I thought the book was excellent. As someone who has worked with the older population for many years, I found that it reinforced what I have been doing and gave me ideas to enhance my future programs.
I read this book and passed the exam. However the content was written in a way that made it hard to understand the first time you read it. I found myself going over the same reading plenty of times. There was just almost too much on this subject and was repeated multiple times. I enjoyed it for the most part but felt it could have been better absorbed with a little less drawn out information.