At last, answers, advice and support for the millions who have been diagnosed or are living with heart conditions! The Healthy Heart Book provides the blueprint for protecting your heart and living a healthy lifestyle. Inside, you’ll find out
• what coronary heart disease is and how it can be treated,
• emotional and physical considerations after a heart event,
• how the risk of coronary heart disease can be assessed,
• the most effective exercise for prevention and recovery,
• the latest research on and advice for adopting a heart-healthy diet,
• how to manage stress and anxiety, and
• how to access sources of support.
Renowned experts Morag Thow, Keri Graham and Choi Lee have created a comprehensive yet practical guide that you’ll turn to again and again.
Complete with forms and tables to track your progress, recipes for delicious and heart-healthy meals and practical advice for exercise and activity, The Healthy Heart Book provides all the tools you need to take charge of your recovery and live a long and full life.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Coronary Heart Disease and How It Is Treated
Chapter 2 What Happens After a Heart Event
Chapter 3 Lower Risk Factors to Protect Your Future
Chapter 4 Monitor Your Activity
Chapter 5 How to Be Active and Fit
Chapter 6 Eat Well
Chapter 7 Cope with Stress and Learn to Relax
Chapter 8 Get Going and Keep Going
ExcerptsA Myocardial Infarction (MI), Also Known As A Heart Attack, Can Produce Many Symptoms
Being Active Benefits The Whole Body
Negative Thoughts Can Cause Increased Heart Rate, Blood Pressure, Cholesterol, Artery Wall Inflammation And Blood Clotting