Advanced Marathoning Online CE Exam-3rd Edition
At this time, our website is unable to accommodate tax-exempt orders.
For credit card security, do not include credit card information in email.
First time orders from US Business/Institutional accounts with a tax-exempt certificate must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 217-351-1549. Include a copy of your sales tax-exempt certificate.
Repeat orders may be placed by phone at 1-800-747-5698 or 217-351-5076.
- Continuing education exam
- NOTE: The text Advanced Marathoning, Third Edition, is required for successful completion of this exam but is not included in this version. Purchase this version only if you already own the text or ebook.
After reading this book and successfully completing the 75-question multiple-choice exam, you will be able to do the following:
- Discuss the overall philosophy of the Advanced Marathoning program, including systematic structuring for the different blocks of training.
- Explain how refueling, glycogen, and proper hydration are important to performance.
- Describe how lactate threshold training can increase running speed.
- Explain why cross-training can help improve performance and reduce the chance of injury.
- Recognize the benefits of incorporating strides into training to help boost economy.
- Describe proper rest and recovery methods for marathoners.
- Explain why tapering is a critical process that is necessary for improving running speed.
- Explain the importance of formulating a proper race day strategy to help ensure great results.
- Explain why VO2max training is essential to running faster marathons.
- Explain why core strength and resistance training are key factors in improving performance.
- Explain the importance of dynamic flexibility and static stretching to reducing injuries and improving performance.
- Identify the direct effects of aging on the performance of a marathon runner.
- Discuss why mental strategies are important to successful marathoners.