Attention and Focus Strategies for Dance Educators | Virtual Launch and Preview
For a limited time, enjoy this recording of the taster session given by authors Clare Guss-West and David Leventhal where they introduced the broad application of Attentional Focus (AF) and elements from their newly-released professional development resource Attention and Focus Strategies for Dance Educators Online Course. They were joined by special guest Irene Dowd who shared a welcome introduction to the background body of Attentional Focus research of Dr. Gabriele Wulf and its relevance to dance education.
Teaching artists and program contributors Joe Bowie, Raymond Chai, Megan Williams and Liza Kovacs also joined Clare and David in a short roundtable discussion to share their AF experiences and experimentation.
The presentation includes two practical taster explorations led by Clare and David to give food for thought on just how easy it can be to choose to employ different external focus types in teaching and ways to facilitate a more holistic, inclusive practice, and apply attention and focus strategies to promote social and emotional learning through dance.
To learn more about discounts available for large institutional purchases, or to request a price quote, contact us at email@example.com or call toll free in the US at 1-855-473-7345.
- Review of Essentials of Dance Psychology by Dr. Jenny Seham
- Inspiring Creativity - External Focus of Attention in Practice
- Attention and Focus Strategies for Dance Educators | Virtual Launch and Preview
- Review of Music Education for Dancers Online Course
- Understanding and Applying Psychology to Dance
- Review of Essentials of Dance Psychology