Human Kinetics is committed to building a more diverse workforce. We welcome BIPOC candidates and others who identify with underrepresented groups to apply.
Job Summary: The Technical Solutions Delivery Director (TSDD) works as part of the overall Technology Group leadership team. The TSDD develops and implements technical solutions that promote and continue the success of Human Kinetics product development, lines of business, and end-user customers. As leader of the Programmer Analyst and Project Lead teams, this position manages projects, new development, and tasks, and supports the forward progression of the department objectives.
The TSDD works with stakeholders to establish development and deployment needs. The TSDD is responsible for the daily activities of the department while remaining abreast of functional and organizational change within the department and across the company.
Salary Range: $80,000-$100,000
1. Supervises department staff, including completing quarterly staff feedback check-ins, completing expectations check-ins, supporting staff development, and hiring and terminating staff as needed. Ensures staff work meets department and HK standards.
2. Supports the resolution of website and software product issues and maintenance requests. Ensures resources are available to respond in a timely manner to critical help desk issues that require skilled intervention.
3. Analyzes trends and looks for ways to proactively reduce the number of website and software issues. Instills an attitude among the Programmer Analysts that the root cause of a problem should be part of the final solution, not just resolution of the surface problem.
4. Ensures the Project Leads effectively facilitate agreement on project scope and provide accurate and timely reports of project status to involved parties throughout the project life cycle.
1. Aids in decision making by working closely with the Technology Leadership Team to address issues, set policies, and provide guidance to the Tech Group as a whole. Contributes to the development and review of appropriate practices, standards, and guidelines for the Tech Group.
2. Works with divisions and departments on initiatives requiring integration with existing or new technologies at Human Kinetics. Holds or participates in Discovery Meetings to discuss and explore options relating to adding new functionality to existing technical systems or building new systems.
3. Manages projects as appropriate, however, most projects should be handled by the project team members.
What does success look like?
1. Department staff meet delivery objectives.
2. Department staff provide responsive and appropriate communication.
3. Technical issues experienced by internal and external customers are resolved appropriately as the result of a departmental culture of continuous improvement, root cause analysis, and appropriate follow-up.
4. Projects are well defined, well managed, and align with the strategic objectives that meet the cross-functional needs of the company.
5. Deliverables are tested and of high quality.
6. Change is defined, documented, and embraces continuous improvement.
7. Appropriate documentation is created and maintained to ensure knowledge and procedures are available to all technology team members, including proper ticket resolution details and FAQ establishment when appropriate.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher or 6+ years of equivalent relative and demonstrable skills required.
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, information science, or related field. 8+ years of equivalent relative and demonstrable skills.
Experience: 5 years working in the technology field, with at least 3 years of supervisory experience managing an IT department; Broad knowledge of computers, IT issues, and current software development processes/methodologies.
Preferred Experience: 5 years of supervisory experience in an IT department; Experience managing developers, analysts and project teams. Experience with people and team dynamics to ensure the correct staff and skills are available.
External (strategic) awareness
Planning and organizing
Preferred Competency: The ability to see end-to-end solutions for complex and multi-layer systems and lines of business.
Working Conditions: Indoor, office environment.
Physical Demands: Frequent sitting and walking and standing, occasional driving and standing, and rarely carrying/lifting >10 lbs.
Office Equipment: Frequent computer and phone use and occasional use of a copier.
Mental Demands: Frequent problem solving, decision making, reading/writing, data interpretation, organization, and supervision.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, Responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Apply Now!