Under the guidance of a more senior project lead, the Project Lead I will plan, initiate, and manage small to medium sized projects and phases of larger projects. Project Lead I has the responsibility to lead and guide the work of the project team members over the entire project life cycle. Serves as liaison between business, operations, and technical aspects of projects. Monitors progress to assure deadlines, standards, and targets are met. The Project Lead I must be familiar with system scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member, to effectively coordinate the activities of the team.
Salary Range/Location: $45,000-$55,000/yr. This position can either be remote or located at our Champaign, IL Headquarters.
1. Following the project life cycle, work with project owner to outline business case, scope, project needs and to identify stakeholders.
2. Develop and update project plans for information technology projects, including information such as project objectives, technologies, systems, information specifications, schedules, and resources.
3. Monitor or track project milestones and deliverables with available tools.
4. Schedule and facilitate meetings related to the projects.
5. Collaborate with technology, operations, and various business teams in implementing solutions that are usable, maintainable, reliable, scalable, modular, portable, and secure.
6. Confer with project personnel to identify and resolve problems.
7. Ensures project deliverables are thoroughly tested and approved by stakeholders.
8. Work with a senior project lead to coordinate implementation of projects including management of any issues.
9. Ensure project documentation such as technical design and specification documents, test plans, support material, and other relevant information is completed before project closes.
10. Follow project closure methodology including transition of outstanding issues to future projects or support team and performing lessons learned analysis.
1. Follow and facilitate departmental change control process.
2. Enhance knowledge of business processes and procedures.
3. Support building and sustaining a culture of continuous improvement in team processes, methods, tools, and resources.
Education: Associate degree required with an undergraduate degree in Project Management, PMP, or equivalent certification with technology focus preferred.
Experience: 3+ years leading business projects with technology focus required with preferred experience of 3+ years proven success in leading professional projects, bringing business and IT Teams together to meet company initiatives.
Required Competencies: Adaptability, Attention to detail, Computer literacy, Conceptual thinking, Continuous learner, Customer focused, Data gathering and analysis, Decision making, Quality oriented, Initiative, Negotiating, Oral Communication, Persuasiveness, Planning and Organizing, Written Communication, Self-confidence, Strategic thinking, Stress tolerance, Results oriented, Technical expertise, Integrity, Resourcefulness, Effort, Respect, Teamwork, Stewardship
Working Conditions: Indoor, office environment.
Physical Demands: Frequent sitting, occasional walking and standing, and rarely lifting >10 lbs., carrying, and driving.
Office equipment: Frequent computer use, occasional phone use, and rare use of a copier.
Mental Demands: Frequent problem solving, decision making, reading/writing, data interpretation, organization, influencing constituents, analysis, negotiation, and ability to lead meetings.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, Responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.