As part of the development team, the Programmer Analyst II will act as a lead for Human Kinetics development team. Their responsibility is focused on the importance of strategic development/design. They will be focused on creating and integrating new and existing applications with Cloud services, SaaS-type solutions as well as supporting and improving the legacy solutions. S/he collaborates with technology, operations, and business to fully understand project initiatives. Provide a well-supported and high performing experience to end users for all our customer facing systems. The Programmer Analyst II will provide technical documentation to support assigned projects and help tickets. The programmer teams with others to support and maintain existing websites, applications, and tools. S/he is engaged in the continual improvement of team processes and procedures.
1. Analyzes business and operational processes and requirements to appropriately build or improve programs to meet or exceed customer expectations. Follows Software Development Life Cycle process.
2. Collaborates with necessary teams so that programs are maintainable, reliable, scalable, responsive, accessible, secure and pleasing to customers.
3. Designs and integrates enterprise applications and tools into various internal or cloud platforms.
4. Writes code that is clean, commented and follows industry best practices.
5. Troubleshoots and debugs code and applications.
6. Follows team best practices and standards, including change management and source control procedures.
7. Creates and executes test plans that validate expected functionality and ensures no negative impact to business.
8. Creates technical documentation, such as design and specifications documents, and support material that is helpful and trustworthy.
9. Works to complete assigned tasks within agreed upon scope and targets.
10. Updates project tool details according to departmental guidelines.
11. Resolves internal and external support tickets according to priority, providing useful comments and technical notes.
12. Strives to implement root cause solutions to issues and problems.
13. Effectively and professionally communicates in timely manner.
14. Supports a culture of continuous improvement in team processes, methods, tools, and resources.
15. Mentor, train, and support Programmer Analyst I position.
16. Contributes to the research and development of technologies and tools used for code development and management.
17. Works with IT leadership and the Software Solution Architect in planning and implementation of projects.
1. Assists other Development team members.
2. Participates in the on-call rotation for after-hour services.
Education: 4-year programming degree, certifications, or equivalent professional experience required.
Functional understanding of APIs, CMS, version control, responsive design, accessibility, and security compliance standards.
Experience working with 3rd party services and APIs.
Experience with Team Foundation Server (TFS) or similar version control systems.
Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development.
8 years professional programming experience in .Net / C# or comparable technology.
Comprehensive knowledge of system architecture.
Shopify eCommerce development experience or similar eCommerce solution. (Magento, Volusion, etc.)
Experience working with 3rd party services and APIs, specifically plugins for Shopify Experience integrating Shopify order and inventory with third party system via APIs.
Experience with Shopify Database of product, order and customers Experience with Shopify Analytics, Marketing, Discounts and Sales Channels Integration.
Expertise with MS SQL and good understanding of database concepts and design.
Experience with leading, coaching and mentoring a team of developers.
Knowledge of Liquid and/or Cold Fusion.
Understanding of SEO/website performance tuning.
Attention to detail
Data gathering and analysis
Office Demands: Frequent computer use, occasional phone use. Rare use of copies.
Mental Demands: Frequent data-interpretation, analyzing, troubleshooting, and reading/writing. Occasional organization, designing, negotiating, solution building, and decision-making.
Working Conditions: Indoor, office environment.
Physical Demands: Frequent sitting, Occasional walking/standing. Rare lifting, carrying, or driving.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.