Human Kinetics is committed to building a more diverse workforce. We welcome BIPOC candidates and others who identify with underrepresented groups to apply.
Job Summary: As part of the development team, the Programmer Analyst I will be focused on creating and integrating new and existing applications with Cloud services, SaaS-type solutions as well as supporting and improving the legacy solutions. S/he collaborates with technology, operations, and business to fully understand project initiatives. Provide a well-supported and high performing experience to end users for all our customer facing systems. The Programmer Analyst I will provide technical documentation to support assigned projects and help tickets. The programmer teams with others to support and maintain existing websites, applications, and tools. S/he is engaged in the continual improvement of team processes and procedures.
Salary Range: $48,000-$75,000/yr.
1. Analyzes business and operational processes and requirements to appropriately build or improve programs to meet or exceed customer expectations. Follows Software Development Life Cycle process
2. Collaborates with necessary teams so that programs are maintainable, reliable, scalable, responsive, accessible, secure, and pleasing to customers
3. Designs and integrates enterprise applications and tools into various internal or cloud platforms
4. Writes code that is clean, commented, and follows industry best practices
5. Troubleshoots and debugs code and applications
6. Follows team best practices and standards, including change management and source control procedures
7. Creates and executes test plans that validate expected functionality and ensures no negative impact to business
8. Creates technical documentation, such as design and specifications documents, and support material that is helpful and trustworthy
9. Works with Project Leads to complete assigned tasks within agreed upon scope and targets
10. Updates project tool details according to departmental guidelines
11. Resolves internal and external support tickets according to priority, providing useful comments and technical notes
12. Strives to implement root cause solutions to issues and problems
13. Effectively and professionally communicates in timely manner
14. Supports a culture of continuous improvement in team processes, methods, tools, and resources
1. Assists other Development team members
2. Participates in the on-call rotation for after-hour services
Education: 2-year programming degree, certifications, or equivalent professional experience required. 4-year degree in equivalent Computer Science field or proven professional experience preferred.
Preferred Experience: 2+ years professional programming experience in .Net / C# or comparable technology.
Expertise with MS SQL and good understanding of database concepts and design.
Conceptual understanding of APIs, CMS, version control, responsive design, accessibility, and security compliance standards.
Knowledge of Liquid and/or Cold Fusion is a plus. Understanding of SEO/website performance tuning.
Attention to detail
Data gathering and analysis
Office Demands: Frequent computer use, occasional phone use. Rare use of copier.
Mental Demands: Frequent troubleshooting, analysis, data-interpretation, and reading/writing. Occasional solution-building, designing, negotiation, organization and decision-making.
Working Conditions: Indoor, office environment.
Physical Demands: Frequent sitting, Occasional walking/standing. Rare lifting ( >10 lbs.), carrying, or driving.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, Responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Apply Now!