Human Kinetics is committed to building a more diverse workforce. We welcome BIPOC candidates and others who identify with underrepresented groups to apply.
Salary Range: $31,200-$42,000/year
*Learn more about our perks and benefits here:
This position is not eligible for remote work. The set hours are on-site, Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
This position will provide order/credit entry support and assistance to external customers and internal staff. The Order Entry Specialist works independently within a team environment. Daily they will complete customer order/credit research and entry. The Order Entry Specialist will have assigned, backup, and customer service tasks.
1. Research all orders/credits for entry into the customer service processing software and credit card payment center within one business day of receipt & with no more than five mistakes monthly.
2. Enter customer order/credit information in the customer service processing software, spreadsheets, word processing systems, and credit card payment center within one business day of receipt & with no more than five mistakes monthly.
3. Professionally and efficiently make outbound customer calls as needed.
4. Develop a strong Human Kinetics product knowledge base including cultivating a working knowledge of Human Kinetics websites, Human Kinetics electronic content delivery platforms, becoming familiar with products, and reviewing marketing materials.
5. Perform varied individual and departmental tasks assigned on an ad hoc or a regular basis.
6. Adheres to established procedures, meets accuracy rates, and time frames for completion of tasks expected for the department.
1. Writes/updates/reviews processes and procedures for departmental tasks.
2. As requested, provide departmental task training to Customer Service staff.
3. Maintain the organization of both online and hard copy filing systems for personal and company information.
4. Participate in the annual departmental inventory and fiscal year-end processes.
5. During annual physical inventory, required, physically count inventory until dismissed.
6. Attempt to up-sell or cross-sell products on customer orders.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. College coursework preferred.
Experience: Customer phone interaction and alpha numeric data entry experience required. 1-year alpha numeric data entry experience preferred.
Microsoft Office Suite
Written and verbal communication
Alpha numeric key 40 wpm-95% accuracy rate
Prioritization, flexibility, adaptability, and problem-solving
Alpha numeric data entry experience (preferred)
Office Equipment: Frequent phone, computer, copier, calculator and printer use. Occasional fax use.
Mental Demands: Frequent problem-solving, decision-making, organization, reading/writing, prioritization, and adaptability skills required. Occasional data interpretation and stress mgmt., and initiative skills required.
Working Conditions: Indoor, office environment.
Physical Demands: Frequent sitting, occasional standing and walking, and rare need to carry items or lift > 40lbs.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned or may change at any time with or without notice.
This position has access to customer credit card data and must comply with all policies and procedures designed to keep that data from being compromised.