Human Kinetics is committed to building a more diverse workforce. We welcome BIPOC candidates and others who identify with underrepresented groups to apply.
Salary Range: $45,250-$61,250 (For full-time hire, part-time will be pro-rated)
Eligibility for remote work: This position is located at our corporate headquarters in Champaign, IL, and is not eligible for full-time telecommuting. Candidate must work 3-5 days onsite per week.
Employment status: Position may be full- or part-time, with a minimum of 30 hours per week.
Application Process: After submitting your application materials, candidates must provide a video example of content they would post to Human Kinetics’ social media accounts.
Examples of video content could include a workout demonstration, a tutorial of how to perform a particular exercise or a new product launch announcement.
Applications without the video submitted will not be considered. Video can be emailed to HR@hkusa.com.
The marketing and social media content manager is responsible for developing video content to increase engagement across Human Kinetics’ various social media platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. They will have firsthand knowledge and experience as an exercise science or fitness professional, enabling them to represent HK as a spokesperson and converse comfortably on camera about physical activity related content. They will be innovative and creative with content, follow best practices for social media, and stay current with changing trends. They will also be responsible for developing and executing marketing plans for products in assigned subject areas across all channels.
1. Develop new content to share on various social media outlets, particularly video content, that aligns with strategy and voice for HK social medial channels. Coordinate with video team and marketing graphic design staff as needed to script, film, format, or edit video as needed.
2. Aid associate director and marketing staff in implementing social media strategies to meet established objectives and established key performance indicators (KPIs).
3. Serve as resource to other marketing staff to guide video content development.
4. Serve as primary backup to Associate Director of Marketing and Social Media in managing corporate social sites (scheduling/sharing daily content, creating editorial calendars, etc.).
5. Manage all marketing efforts for assigned subject areas, including budgeting, project/campaign planning and execution, copy development, proofreading, email newsletters, social media pages, and communicating with and advising authors/editors on strategies for maximizing sales.
6. Identify the most relevant product content for target audiences and repurpose it for promotional efforts and to increase customer engagement through all applicable marketing channels (direct mail, email, social media, digital, etc.) Conduct post analysis reporting for campaigns across all channels to determine effectiveness and drive future efforts.
7. Instruct and guide the Marketing Implementation Manager as needed as they implement campaigns in assigned areas.
1. Assist the Associate Director of Marketing and Social Media as needed with analysis, reporting, and responding to customer inquiries.
2. Assist as needed with promotional aspects of exhibit planning, both virtual, and in-person, such as booklist and marketing materials.
Education: Associate’s degree in a physical activity field, kinesiology, or exercise science OR degree in marketing or other communications-related field with professional exercise science/fitness experience required.
Bachelor's degree preferred. Exercise science or fitness certification through a nationally accredited organization also preferred.
Experience: Professional experience in the fitness industry, as well as baseline knowledge of marketing and social media is required.
Ideal candidate must have experience on-camera hosting events, interviewing, etc.
Attention to detail
Functional expertise and usage
Planning and organizing
Sociability and networking
Use of functional expertise
Office Equipment: Frequent computer use, occasional phone use, and rare use of a copier.
Mental Demands: Frequent problem-solving, decision-making, data interpretation, reading/writing, organization, clearly articulating ideas, and multitasking skills required. Rare use of supervisory skills required.
Physical Demands: Frequent sitting, talking, and hearing. Occasional standing and walking. Rarely driving, carrying, or lifting >10 lbs required.
Working Conditions: Indoor, office environment.
Other Job Demands: Frequent ability to work both cooperatively and independently.
Must have a high level of comfort on camera for video to be shared publicly.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, Responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.