Human Kinetics is headquartered in Champaign, IL. This position is eligible for on-site or remote work. Remote workers may not reside in CA, NY, or the city of Chicago.
Human Kinetics is committed to building a more diverse workforce. We welcome BIPOC candidates and others who identify with underrepresented groups to apply.
Salary Range: $49,500-$75,000/yr.
*Learn more about our perks and benefits here: https://us.humankinetics.com/pages/human-kinetics-compensation-benefits-information
The IT Security Administrator I is responsible for protecting information assets of the organization. In that capacity, the IT Security Administrator I will participate in the management of all the organization’s technical, security-based software and equipment, including F5, Cisco ASA, AV, and Security tools.
Reactively, this person will respond to security alerts and investigate potential data and security incidents. Proactively, this person will perform security audits and reviews to identify security gaps in architecture in accordance with PCI. This role researches and provides cybersecurity recommendations based on significant threats and vulnerabilities.
The IT Security Administrator I will implement security measures to resolve data loss vulnerabilities, mitigate risk, and recommend security changes or system components as needed.
1. Monitors network security functions daily, including LAN/WAN and desktop security, and addresses issues.
2. Educates and informs users on proper security etiquette.
3. Reviews IPS and Microsoft security logs and addresses issues.
4. Reviews existing systems and applications to ensure that appropriate security measures are in place.
5. Keeps fully up-to-date on known security problems that affect systems at Human Kinetics.
6. Documents Human Kinetics’ security infrastructure.
7. Completes security reviews for PCI Compliance.
8. Maintains compliance with Windows updates.
9. Supports the Network Engineer in maintaining security appliances and software. This includes F5, Cisco ASA’s, VPN, remote firewalls.
10. Their responsibility includes performing server upgrades, patches, and installs.
11. Supports System Administrator to administer O365 and Exchange.
12. Adheres to HK’s change management protocol. Systems Change management.
13. Participates in the planning and deployment of all new technologies at Human Kinetics to ensure that security is considered during the design and implementation.
14. Assist Network and System administrators to responding quickly to hardware, software, network, and system failures. Participate in troubleshooting, analysis, and recommendations for corrective action.
1. Assists other network and system team members with issues and tasks.
2. Acts as a resource for the Computer Systems analyst(s) and Helpdesk Technician(s)
3. Serves as secondary support to the Network and System Administration team and duties.
4. Participates in the on-call rotation for after-hour services.
Education: 4-year degree in IT or equivalent training and experience.
Security and systems related technology certifications are preferred.
5 years' IT experience.
General knowledge and understanding of Cybersecurity.
Familiarity or experience with Cybersecurity tools relating to Firewalls, Network Monitoring, IPS, Vulnerability Scanning, Incident Triage and Remediation, Data Loss Prevention, etc.
Experience with VMware or comparable virtualization platforms.
In-depth Knowledge of Microsoft Server 2008, 2012, 2016, and 2019 Operating Systems.
Experience with Solarwinds monitoring or similar programs.
Office 365 administration.
Knowledge of industry best practices for monitoring, tiered storage, backup, and disaster recovery.
2 years' storage management experience.
Management of Windows print servers.
Experience with PowerShell or other scripting languages.
Experience with Airwatch or similar MDM solutions.
CISSP, CCNA or CCNP certification.
Certificate management experience from acquisition and deployment to tracking renewal, usage, and expiration of all SSL certificates deployed within a network.
Experience with Dell/EMS Networker or similar programs.
Experience with Vranger or similar programs.
Frequent phone and computer use. Occasional use of a copier.
Frequent problem-solving, decision-making, and data interpretation. Occasional reading/writing and organizational skills required.
Indoor office environment.
Frequent sitting and occasional standing, lifting, carrying, and walking required. Rare use of driving skills.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, Responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position has access to customer credit card data and must comply with all policies and procedures designed to keep that data from being compromised.Apply Now!