Human Kinetics is committed to building a more diverse workforce. We welcome BIPOC candidates and others who identify with underrepresented groups to apply.
This position is open to on-site or remote work. Remote candidates must live in IA, IL, MO, or KS.
5 weeks of campus-visit travel/semester within a specific territory required.
Salary Range: $45,000-$53,500
The Higher Ed Sales Manager in Training performs the functions of a Higher Ed Sales Manager under the close supervision of the sales director and sales trainers. At the successful completion of sales training and demonstrated ability to perform independently, the Sales Manager in Training will advance to the full-fledged Sales Manager position. With oversight, the Higher Ed Sales Manager in Training is responsible for implementing plans generating direct sales in the U.S. educational markets. They will promote the adoption of company resources through community college and university sales calls, e-mail, phone, and trade show attendance.
1. Create and execute annual sales plans to best sell company textbooks and classroom resources to a specific territory in the university market.
2. Strategically develop a travel plan for visiting specific campuses and professors within a given year.
3. Throughout the academic year, travel to make on-site sales calls to college instructors in a specified sales territory through set appointments and cold calls, professionally representing HK.
4. Analyze internal and external data provided by marketing staff to optimize contact and outreach within a sales territory.
5. Through attending annual sales conferences and reviewing marketing brochures and catalogs,develop and maintain knowledge of HK products. Use this knowledge to increase customer awareness of HK products and to match customer textbook needs with appropriate HK products.
6. Using Salesforce and other reporting tools, research and contact HK customers and adopters of competing textbooks via email, phone, and marketing efforts, promoting and securing new adoptions of current HK texts, upcoming releases, and other products.
7. Create relationships with new customers and strengthen relationships with existing customers in the Academic market.
8. Provide product information and customer service assistance to adopting institutions.
9. Research and contact new schools and programs to increase awareness of HK products.
10. Provide timely reporting and documentation related to projects, campus visits follow-up,campus notes, monthly reports, textbook feedback, and adoption information.
11. Promote the "Green Initiative" during interaction with faculty and staff.
12. Successfully complete initial Campus Visit Evaluation.
1. Attend a limited number of trade shows.
2. Solicit feedback regarding HK products and ancillary materials, e-books, campus trends,legislation, etc. Pass this information along to appropriate HK staff and provide reporting through monthly reports.
3. Actively participate and contribute during the Academic sales conference(s).
4. Complete product quizzes as needed.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher required. Bachelor's degree in Physical Education or related field, preferred.
Experience: Demonstrated sales/marketing skills required. Experience successfully selling into educational markets preferred.
Attention to Detail
Office Equipment: Frequent phone and computer use. Occasional use of a printer, and rare use of a copier.
Mental Demands: Frequent decision-making, reading/writing, data interpretation, and organization. Occasional problem-solving.
Working Conditions: Indoor, office environment.
Physical Demands: Frequent sitting, occasional driving, walking, and standing.
Other: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, Responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Apply Now!