Human Kinetics has recently launched a new e-learning platform, and we’re ready to expand our Product Development team to help us take full advantage of the new features it provides.
The E-Learning Project Lead will be responsible for scheduling and overseeing the timely completion of the development, production, publishing, licensing, testing, and release tasks for digital products within the E-Learning and Assessment department. Our goal is that online instructor ancillaries and other student-and professional-facing digital products are available to customers no later than the date the corresponding print book is available. Many HK staff are involved in making that happen, and it’s the E-Learning Project Lead who orchestrates the timing and flow of that work across the Product Development group, other HK departments, and HK’s vendor partners.
Human Kinetics is headquartered in Champaign, IL, but this position is eligible for full-time telecommuting.
Human Kinetics is committed to building a more diverse workforce. We welcome BIPOC candidates and others who identify with underrepresented groups to apply.
1. Coordinate with internal editorial, e-learning, and technology teammates to ensure project suites are assigned and loaded to our planning/tracking tools at the beginning of the life cycle.
2. Monitor and track project milestones, action items, and deliverables for e-learning projects using available online scheduling tools throughout the life cycle.
3. Collaborate with teammates in acquisitions, editorial, technology, operations, other HK departments, and vendor partners as needed to ensure project workflows and processes are clear, and to ensure all teammates know their role within the project cadence. Sometimes this means scheduling effective meetings, and sometimes it means writing up and distributing clear documentation or project plans. Sometimes it means delivering training sessions.
4. Confer with teammates across departments, and with HK’s vendor partners, to identify and resolve problems.
5. Ensure project deliverables are thoroughly proofed, tested, and approved by stakeholders.
6. Ensure internal- and customer-facing documentation is written and distributed whenever it’s clear there are gaps in understanding or effectiveness.
7. Contribute to HK’s profitability by working productively and ensuring e-learning project budgets and schedules are met.
1. Follows and facilitates departmental change control process.
2. Enhances knowledge of business processes and procedures.
3. Supports building and sustaining a culture of continuous improvement in team processes, methods, tools, and resources.
A high school diploma is required. AAS or higher degree in Business, Technology, or Project Management is preferred. 2+ years’ experience leading projects is preferred. PMP or equivalent certification is preferred. However, 3+ years’ experience managing complex details, projects, or processes in any professional environment will be considered in lieu of a 2- or 4-year degree and in lieu of technical project management experience.
HK’s corporate values of Integrity, Resourcefulness, Effort, Respect, Teamwork, and Stewardship are demonstrated in all the work we do. If you can demonstrate HK’s values as well as the following competencies, you will be able to learn this role, and we will train you.Competencies: Those in bold are required.
Attention to detail
Planning and organizing
R = Rarely (0-15%)
O = Occasionally (16 – 45%)
F = Frequently (46 – 100%)
Frequent use of a computer and occasional phone use. Rare use of a copier.
Frequent sitting. Occasional standing and walking. Rarely lifting, carrying, or driving.
Frequent problem-solving, decision making, organization, reading/writing, analysis, leading meetings, negotiating, and influencing constituents.
Occasional data interpretation.
Indoor, office environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, Responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.