The E-Learning Analyst works as part of a team to design, develop, and deliver high-quality learning content for instructors, coaches, professionals, students, and others seeking information about physical activity and sport. The E-Learning Analyst focuses on developing front-end interfaces for e-learning experiences, interactive tools, and other digital products. The E-Learning Analyst also supports the back-end technology systems behind the delivery of all digital learning products at Human Kinetics.
- Build and maintain digital products in multiple delivery systems, including content management systems, learning management systems, and back-end databases.
- Provide end-user support of digital products and delivery systems.
- Participate in building product development roadmaps, including project scope, budget, and timelines.
- Research, test, and recommend technical solutions and systems responsive to customer needs.
- Create design concepts and prototypes in conjunction with designers, product managers, and content developers.
- Manage multiple projects and complex work in order to meet deadlines and communicate effectively in both written and verbal forms.
- Provide assistance with instructional/learning design tasks, including research, design, prototype, implementation, and evaluation.
- Apply learning science, learning analytics, and other relevant disciplines to solve practical learning problems.
- Keep informed of publishing technology and educational technology trends, developments, tools, and techniques.
- Interface with external groups regarding relevant standards and specifications.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Learning Science, or related field.
Preferred Education: Further higher education and/or additional related certifications and professional development.
Experience: Four years of professional software development experience.
While Human Kinetics would prefer a candidate who is able to work onsite at our corporate headquarters in Champaign, IL, candidates who have successfully demonstrated the ability to work remotely are encouraged to apply.
Preferred Experience: Experience in educational technology or e-learning.
Attention to detail
Planning and organizing
Technical expertise and usage
Preferred Additional Competencies:
Data gathering and analysis
External (strategic) awareness
Experience with back-end database tools
Experience with UI and UX design
Experience with publishing technology standards/specifications, including XML, XHTML, and XSLT, and digital outputs, including PDF, EPUB, MOBI, HTML5, and others
Experience with digital accessibility and usability standards/specifications, including Section 508 accessibility, WCAG, ARIA, WAI-ARIA, and others
Experience with educational technology standards/specifications, including QTI, LTI, Common Cartridge, EDUPUB, SCORM, xAPI, and others
Experience with web content and digital media development software packages, course management software systems, and content delivery software systems
Knowledge of learning design principles from cognitive psychology and associated fields
Understanding of evidence-based, learner-centered design processes, techniques, and tools
A well-articulated philosophy regarding the effective use of technology, media, and assessment in teaching and learning
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, Responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.