Human Kinetics is committed to building a more diverse workforce. We welcome BIPOC candidates and others who identify with underrepresented groups to apply.
Salary Range: $35,000-$46,200/year
*Learn more about our perks and benefits here:
This position is not eligible for remote work. The set hours are on-site, Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
This position will provide support and assistance to external customers and internal staff. The Customer Service Representative Level 2 works independently within a team environment. Concurrently daily they will research, respond, and resolve incoming customer service emails, help desk customer tickets, answer inbound customer phone loop calls for assistance, & complete customer order/credit entry. The Customer Service Representative Level 2 will have assigned, backup order/credit entry and customer service tasks.
1. Research all orders/credits for entry into the customer service processing software and credit card payment center within one business day of receipt & with no more than five mistakes monthly.
2. Enter customer order/credit information in the customer service processing software, spreadsheets, word processing systems, and credit card payment center within one business day of receipt & with no more than five mistakes monthly.
3. Professionally and efficiently answer inbound customer calls coming in directly or through multiple phones loops and make outbound customer calls as needed.
4. Using the backend tool, consistently create web help desk tickets from direct customer contact via phone or emails. These web help desk ticket records of customer issues and resolution are used for internal analysis, tracking, and for providing customer support.
5. Utilize all CS support online backend tools to research, respond & resolve incoming customer service emails, help desk customer tickets, & answer inbound customer phone loops calls for assistance with written and/or verbal responses to resolve internal staff and external customer service inquiries within two business days of receipt.
6. Develop a strong Human Kinetics product knowledge base including cultivating a working knowledge of Human Kinetics websites, Human Kinetics electronic content delivery platforms, becoming familiar with products, and reviewing marketing materials.
7. Demonstrate effectiveness in navigating new and existing Human Kinetics electronic customer content delivery platforms and CS support online backend tools to research/respond/resolve customer issues.
8. Perform varied individual and departmental tasks assigned on an ad hoc or a regular basis.
9. Adheres to established procedures, meets accuracy rates, and time frames for completion of tasks expected for the department.
1. Writes/updates/reviews processes and procedures for departmental tasks.
2. As requested, provide departmental task training to Customer Service staff.
3. Maintain the organization of both online and hard copy filing systems for personal and company information.
4. Participate in the annual departmental inventory and fiscal year-end processes.
5. During annual physical inventory, required, physically count inventory until dismissed.
6. Attempt to up-sell or cross-sell products on customer orders.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. College coursework preferred.
Experience: Customer phone interaction and alpha numeric data entry experience required. 1-year alpha numeric data entry experience and 1-year phone and customer support email experience preferred.
Microsoft Office Suite
Written and verbal communication
Alpha numeric key 40 wpm-95% accuracy rate
Prioritization, flexibility, adaptability, and problem-solving
Phone & customer support email experience and alpha numeric data entry experience (preferred)
Office Equipment: Frequent phone, computer, copier, calculator and printer use. Occasional fax use.
Mental Demands: Frequent problem-solving, decision-making, organization, reading/writing, prioritization, and adaptability skills required. Occasional data interpretation and stress mgmt., and initiative skills required.
Working Conditions: Indoor, office environment.
Physical Demands: Frequent sitting, occasional standing and walking, and rare need to carry items or lift > 40lbs.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned or may change at any time with or without notice.