This position will provide support and assistance to external and internal customers. S/he will answer inbound customer phone loop calls. The Customer Service Representative will have assigned, backup order/credit entry and customer service tasks.
*This is a 32.5hr/week position with benefits.
- Research all orders/credits for entry into the customer service processing software and credit card payment center.
- Enter customer order/credit information in customer service processing software, spreadsheets, word processing systems, and credit card payment center.
- Answer inbound calls coming in directly or through multiple phones loops.
- Utilize provided tools to communicate written and/or verbal responses to resolve internal and external customer service inquiries.
- Develop a strong Human Kinetics product knowledge base including cultivating a working knowledge of Human Kinetics websites and reviewing new products and marketing materials.
- Perform varied tasks that may be assigned on an ad hoc or a regular basis
- Writes/updates/reviews processes and procedures for tasks.
- As requested, provide task training to Customer Service staff.
- Maintain the organization of both digital and hard-copy filing systems.
- Participate in the annual inventory and fiscal year-end processes and if required, physically count inventory one day until dismissed.
- Attempt to up-sell or cross-sell products.
Education: A high school diploma is required with college coursework preferred.
Experience: One-year customer service, phone, and data entry experience required with non-face-to-face customer service and order/credit entry experience preferred.
Key 40 wpm - 95% accuracy rate
Microsoft Office Suite
Written and verbal communication
Phone interaction skills
Occasionally (16 – 45%)
Frequently (46 – 100%)
Office Equipment: Frequent use of telephone, computer, copier, calculator, and printer. Occasional use of facsimile.
Mental Demands: Frequent problem-solving, decision making, adapting, prioritizing, and reading/writing. Occasional data interpretation, managing stress, and initiative.
Physical Demands: Frequent sitting, occasional walking/standing, and rarely lifting or carrying items.
Working Conditions: Indoor, cubicle environment in a shared room.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned or may change at any time with or without notice.
Credit Card Security: This position will have access to customer credit card data and must comply with all policies and procedures designed to keep that data from being compromised.