The Applications Analyst at Human Kinetics has direct impact on the operational success of the business. Operating from the Information Technology Department, the Applications Analyst supports, maintains, and enhances legacy systems and applications and at the same time advances and improves HK technology by creating new systems and applications. The Applications Analyst works across several technologies and disciplines, some of which include: Databases, SharePoint, Business Intelligence, EDI, E-Commerce, CRM and ERP.
- Develop and maintain a deep and broad knowledge of specific business processes and functionality of current HK applications.
- Analyze usability and manageability of current IT applications.
- Recommend solutions for current/future application usage.
- Provide daily support for the operation of customer- and non-customer-facing systems application.
- Monitor IT applications daily and resolve support tickets.
- Develop and document strategic workflow design.
- Maintain HK’s compliance with EDI standards, especially related to purchase orders (850 specification), invoice transactions (810 specifications), and advanced shipping notices (ASN).
- Manage Microsoft Access database applications, including making template changes, adding or changing reports associated with them, ensuring data is syncing correctly, and so on. Build new databases when required.
- Provide systems/staff support on HK Crystal Report process, ensuring reports provide the data required to analyze business performance.
- Manage all aspects of Human Kinetics ONIX transmissions to new and current vendors, including troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Serve as a secondary backup to the Database team as needed
Education: 4 year degree in Information Technology, or equivalent training and experience required.
Experience: 2 years with Access DB/ 2 years of SQL experience required.
2 years of Applications Support
Business Intelligence or Business Analytics Experience
Strong Knowledge of VBA scripts, macros and pivot tables
Microsoft Access Experience Reports/Forms
Familiarity with MS SQL DB’s and Queries
Technical Expertise and usage
Occasionally (16 – 45%)
Frequently (46 – 100%)
Office Equipment: Frequent use of a computer and telephone. Occasional use of a copier.
Mental Demands: Frequent problem-solving, decision making, organization, data interpretation, and reading/writing.
Physical Demands: Frequent sitting. Occasional standing/walking.
Working Conditions: Indoor, Office environment.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, Responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Credit Card Security: This position has access to customer credit card data and must comply with all policies and procedures designed to keep that data from being compromised.