The Application Developer (AD) will analyze, design, create, implement and support new and existing applications and tools. The AD will ensure quality by delivering solutions that meet software functional and structural requirements as well as provide a positive and pleasing user experience. The AD will work with technology and business to complete project assignments. The AD will join with technology in supporting existing applications by completing assigned help tickets.
Essential Functions1. Analyzes, designs, programs, tests, and implements new and existing software applications and solutions while adhering to the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
2. Consults and collaborates with appropriate technology and business teams to develop applications that are reliable, secure, scalable, modular, usable, testable and maintainable
3. Integrates enterprise applications with vendor and internally-developed application/tools
4. Takes ownership of assigned projects and delivers work within agreed-upon estimates and completion targets
5. Utilizes departmental project management tool in keeping with guidelines
6. Creates and executes test plans that validate project deliverables in keeping with customer and technical expectations
7. Writes documentation that is thorough, trustworthy, and valuable to its intended audience
8. Follows departmental change control process
9. Expertly communicates and interacts with internal clients to resolve assigned support tickets
10. Completes support tickets in a timely manner with solutions that address the root-cause and notes provide useful support information
11. Follows industry and departmental best practices and standards for developing and maintaining applications
12. Supports building and sustaining a culture of continuous improvement in team processes, methods, tools and resources
Education: 2-year degree required.
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree in Software & Application Development, Web Development & Design, Computer Science or Information Technology
Experience: 5 years of application development experience required.
Attention to detail
Data gathering and analysis
Occasionally (16 – 45%)
Frequently (46 – 100%)
Office Equipment: Frequent use of a computer. Occasional use of a telephone.
Mental Demands: Frequent problem-solving, data interpretation, analysis, and reading/writing. Occasional decision making and organization.
Physical Demands: Frequent sitting. Occasional standing/walking.
Working Conditions: Indoor, Office environment.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, Responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.