The Sales Associate is responsible for implementing plans generating direct sales in the U.S. educational markets and with the for-profit accounts. S/he will promote the adoption of company resources through e- mail, phone, trade shows, and limited calls on university and college campuses. S/he will also act as the main point of contact when sales staff are traveling as well as assist with projects and research as needed.
1. Create and execute annual sales plans to best sell company textbooks and classroom resources to a specific territory in the university and for-profit markets.
2. Analyze internal and external data provided by marketing staff to optimize contact and outreach within a sales territory.
3. Through attending annual sales conferences and reviewing marketing brochures and catalogs, develop and maintain knowledge of HK products. Use this knowledge to increase customer awareness of HK products and to match customer textbook needs with appropriate HK products.
4. Using Salesforce and other reporting tools, research and contact HK customers and adopters of competing textbooks via email, phone, and marketing efforts, promoting and securing new adoptions of current HK texts, upcoming releases, and other products.
5. Create relationships with new customers and strengthen relationships with existing customers in the Academic market.
6. Provide product information and customer service assistance to adopting institutions.
7. Research and contact new schools and programs to increase awareness of HK products.
8. Provide timely reporting and documentation related to projects, campus visits follow-up, campus notes, monthly reports, textbook feedback, and adoption information.
9. Promote the "Green Initiative" during interaction with faculty and staff.
10. Conduct research projects as directed.
11. When sales managers are traveling for campus visits or are on vacation, take phone calls and emails from their customers and run Salesforce reports.
12. Work with marketing staff to effectively create mass e-mails for the academic market.
1. Attend a limited number of trade shows.
2. Solicit feedback regarding HK products and ancillary materials, e-books, campus trends, legislation, etc. Pass this information along to appropriate HK staff and provide reporting through monthly reports.
3. Actively participate and contribute during the Academic sales conference(s).
4. Complete product quizzes as needed.
Education: Minimum of Bachelor's Degree required, with a major in physical education or related field preferred.
Experience: Demonstrated sales/marketing skills required. Also required is proficiency with database, CRM, word processing, e-mail and spreadsheets and excellent telephone interaction skills.
Experience successfully selling into educational markets preferred.
Attention to Detail
R = Rare (0-15%)
O = Occasional (16 – 45%)
F = Frequent (46 – 100%)
Office Equipment: Frequent computer and phone use. Occasional use of a copier.
Mental Demands: Frequent decision-making, data interpretation, reading/writing, and organization skills. Occasional problem-solving skills.
Working Conditions: Indoor, office environment.
Physical Demands: Frequent sitting, occasional travel, standing, walking, driving. Rarely carrying or lifting >20 lbs.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, Responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.