Dr Dane Vishnubala MBBS PGCME MRCGP FHEA
You must log in to watch this webinar recording.
The aim of this webinar was to provide an introduction into exercise prescription and to equip students, health professionals, exercise instructors and, private and public sector workers involved in physical activity, with an understanding on the benefits of exercise prescription in chronic disease.
It also details the career opportunities available in exercise prescription.
By the end of this webinar, attendees should be able to:
• Explain the main health benefits of exercise in key common chronic diseases
• Explain how ‘exercise on prescription’ works.
• Understand the role of the new PHE GP Clinical Champions in Physical Activity Network
• Recognise the career possibilities and opportunities in this field.
Dane has been working in the health and fitness industry since 2002 as an exercise specialist and over the last 12 years has worked with a range of clients. He has worked heavily in exercise on prescription schemes and taught cardiac rehabilitation classes. He currently works in a range of roles, working as a GP in York, as a PHE GP Clinical Champion in Physical activity educating clinicians on behalf of Public Health England and an NHS Sport and Exercise Medicine Doctor.
Currently on top of his NHS work, Dane is a University lecturer in Exercise and Health at Leeds Beckett and the founder of CORE Fitness Education, a fitness industry education training provider. www.corefitnesseducation.co.uk. He also holds a number of advisory roles for various health and fitness organisations in the UK and is a strong advocate of exercise and nutrition in the prevention of disease and regularly presents to patient groups and other professionals at meetings and conferences.
Outside work, Dane enjoys a range of sports and has in the past run a number of endurance events including the London Marathon, played football for the Hull York Medical School and captained the University of York Men’s basketball 1st team. These days he keeps fit through a variety of sports and activities.
- Sport and Exercise Medicine Doctor
- Public Health England GP Clinical Champion for Physical Activity (North)
- Leeds Beckett University Lecturer in Physical Activity, Exercise and Chronic Disease.
- British Association of Sport and Exercise Medicine (BASEM) Executive Committee member
- British Lung Foundation Advisory Committee
- BASES Certified Exercise Professional (REPs Level 4)